Thursday, August 19, 2010

Drawings during Meetings

I found something very interesting will doing some cleaning up today. Which is my diary/organiser from my previous work place. Back in 2008, I got promoted to the a higher position which required me to lead the department, planning, budget, head count. The strange thing is I really fought very hard since 2005 to achieve this position but unfortunately, it came to me at the wrong time. (the arrival of my daughter, Nicholle) I was carrying her when they offered me this job. I was very lost then. I want the money but not the job! Then I gave myself a challenge and took the job and hoping that I will learn more from the job.

Unfortunately, soon after I return from my confinement, I felt like resigning as I really want to be there with my kids (Nicholle, and Nicholas (my son, 6yrs old).
But I wasn't sure, and I hang on for 1 year. (salute myself now that I survived in a condition which I'm not happy with for so long!!) And then I RESIGNED as I felt I cant stay any longer, falling sick almost every month. And of cause I need to go back to where I come from, which is back to the art and design world, which is in my blood.

Attached are some drawings I did during those stressful/creative meetings.

Drawing during and 'Operation Meeting' where we talk about Human Capital Strategies, Submissions, Strategic Plan, BUDGET and etc.


I must be missing my children very much. Thinking of ways to get closer to them.


Drawing during a 'Graffiti Art' meeting, which is in line with what I like. (free strokes, lots of exploration/creativity in progress)


I cant remember what meeting is this but obviously it is a very stressful one.

Beautiful Junk is an art event, Boxie is a character designed by one of our local designer http://urbancr3atures.blogspot.com/ who inspired me alot.


Reflection: Drawings can reveal feelings, influences and interests - the artist's inner emotional state.
(I guess it is not only drawing but my handwriting as well!!)
*I'm now happily working as a part time educator in art/design and I get to spend LOTS of time with my children.

4 comments:

  1. I believe we must be sharing the same feeling when I first chosen to resign from my managerial job to be a full time mum. It was a hard decision and I made it twice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a decision making in life. i guess i can understand how it be. and i am glad that both of u make up the mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the first HFD I noticed what looks like a foetus in the uterus region, with an outline suggestive of girth more associated with carrying a 'baby' within...pregnant...this could be metaphoric or literal.... a seed, idea, wish fulfilment, the figure has no feet thus feeling 'stuck'? not having a sense of his/her identity? Above in the shoulders/head region are spiral branches sprouting upwards, desire to achieve, reaching out through the 'mind' in search for something 'higher' spirals - the centre of our 'being'

    Second doodle is more about frustrations, strong pressured repetitive lines, crossed lines, lines circling in on itself.

    Third doodle feeling of being 'boxed' in, feeling possibly like a 'robot' entangled and maybe overhwelmed by downward web of 'roots', the centre branch and the dot (point, core etc) stands out, lost somehwhere in the midst of the undergrowth

    Only my subjective impressions triggered by the doodling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost the same the situation where I also quit from my full time work and become a part time work in the same company for a year. And now I resign and became a full time mum also. :)

    ReplyDelete